Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pacific Festival 2011 Orange County

I think music in itself is healing.  It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.     Billy Joel


The Beginning

Hristomir and I arrived at the Pacific Festival at 11am.  Things were just getting started.  The festival was held on the grounds of Oak Canyon Ranch at Lake Irvine.  It was beautiful.  We walked the grounds and hit every stage looking for the Media/VIP Tent.  After asking several of the organizers where the tent may be??? We ironically enough ended up back at the first tent we went to.  This was approximately an hour later.  We were hot, thirsty and I had to powder.  We met with Holly and Alyssa…our contacts from Filter Magazine, who were both as helpful as they could be and then began our festival adventure.

The Grounds

H and I took out the schedule, made a tentative plan and started filming.  There were seven stages but we kept to the top four, which were EACH about a mile apart, from grass to dirt and everything in between.  I had put my heels in my handbag to wear once the sun went down but quickly realized that I was never going to be wearing those shoes.  I wanted to put them back in my car.  One of the parking guys was nice enough to let me move my car right next to the Media Tent. I said goodbye to my heels and my bag felt so much lighter.  Happy.

The Fashion

I dressed in my usual attire... push up bra and signature glitter.  I was the ONLY one.   I looked around and all I could see were girls in high waited shorts, head bands made of synthetic flowers and moccasin fringe boots.  The men wore long shorts, Panama fedoras and sneakers.  Sharla….you ain’t in Hollywood anymore!  It felt more like a love fest or Woodstock celebration.
I thought to myself …I have been to festivals before… Coachella being my very first… but I guess I had not really noticed that I was the only one NOT sporting the flower child look.  It was nice for a change. So, there I was surrounded by the hippie hipsters with my glitter, cleavage and sparkly sandals.  Some things will never change J  

The Music

It’s true.  Music brings us all together.  Music pumps through our veins and makes our hearts beat, our limbs move and our feet dance.  We are united in sound, rhythm and platonic beats.  It fills us up and makes us feel.   I must say I really did enjoy all the incredible talent I experienced… here are some highlights.

Brady Miller
I could not stop watching him.  I felt like I was being taken back in time… somewhere.  But I don’t quite know where.  He is sexy in retro way and I loved the wave of his voice.  Hippie-Sexy… that’s it!

Posso
These  ladies got it ALL go’ in on.  Inspiring and fresh.  They will keep you groove’n throughout the evening and into the early morning hours.  They are more than worthy.

Afro Man 
Puts a smile on your face.  Listen to his lyrics.  Funny.  He is smooth, relaxed, and confident.  Just watching Afroman will give you contact high!

American Royalty
The perfect blend of  Electro, Indie, Rock and Psychedelic.

Not much missing is there?!  These guys are busy, busy, busy.  Playing everything imaginable and keeping us more than entertained.  Not to mention… 2 very nice guys.  Watch for them.

Calvin Harris
Rock Star DJ in DA HOUSE!!!

Steve Aoki
YET ANOTHER ROCK STAR DJ!  Put me on a jet to Vegas.  NOW!~ 

Ghostland Observatory
Unique. Dynamic. Uber talented.  I was mesmerized by Aaron  Behrens who is the lead vocalist and guitarist. His moves captivated me and all I could do was take ina ll in... and breathe.  Aaron is an amazing force.   Thomas Turner contributes background vocals, drums, keyboard, and synthesizer…some very cool sounds and a beautiful black cape to bring it all together.  LOVE THE DRAMA OF IT ALL!

SNOOP DOGG
Snoop or as I fondly refer to him as “The Snoopster” is my most favorite rapper. Snoop is also one of my Mothers’ favorites… which should tell you a lot! He is so cute in his braided pig tails and his two piece baggie leisure wear.  He swears… but I don’t really hear it.  Snoop is sweet and kind and funny and I HAD SO MUCH FUN WATCHING HIS SHOW!  AND IT WAS… A SHOW~ I love ya Snoop Snoop!

CUT COPY
It must be daunting to follow a performer like Snoop Dog…. But these 3 Australians held their own… and held it well.  You would have never known that by now it was 1 am and some of these festival goers had been there since 11am!  The energy, the enthusiasm, the pure joy that Cut Copy shared with crowd was brilliant.  Their shining stars energized our bodies and took us into never never land as Pacific Festival came to a euphoric close.

http://www.clubbinproductions.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#%21/ClubbinProductions






No comments:

Post a Comment